Thursday, March 4, 2010

Breaking news: Authorities arrest Grifina activists in Khartoum





Authorities have arrested and detained three members of Grifina group after they staged a public gathering in central Khartoum to urge citizens to vote against the ruling National Congress Party.

The arrest took place about an hour ago in central Khartoum. According to my sources, the arrested members were first taken to the Khartoum North police station before they were later referred to the Khartoum North attorney-general. One of the arrested members is called Abdullah al-Mahdi.

Grifna, which translates in Arabic to “we’re fed up”, is a Sudanese youth movement that came to being on 30 October 2009. It started off as a Facebook-based group whose stated aim is “to topple the NCP in the general-elections”

The group recently started organizing public gatherings in central Khartoum to call on citizens to vote against the NCP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.